Thursday, September 1, 2011

So Sleepy!

The title of this blog is the reason I haven't blogged in awhile. I feel like I never get enough sleep at night. No I am not getting up several times a night to use the bathroom, or any other un-comfortableness I can think of. I wake up tired, I go about my day tired, and I go to bed tired. Sometimes I feel like I'm sleep walking. A few weeks ago I told Carson he was going to have to watch Mickey and play with his toys because mommy had to lay down. I was literally falling asleep sitting up so I laid on the couch and snoozed for about 45 mins. Of course Carson wasn't my perfect angel and he woke me up about every 5-10 minutes with driving cars on my legs, or throwing a ball at sleeping Momma, but after the 45 minute interrupted many times nap I could at least keep my eyes open and be alert.

The saddest thing of all is that here in 11 weeks the exhausted feeling will defiantly get worse with a newborn. I know my body will be a bit better because I won't be carrying a child in my stomach, but I'm not delusional, I remember how hard the first few weeks are of a babies life. Thank goodness we have some family and friends that are willing to come and help every once in awhile.

I remember being tired when I was carrying Carson, but I was also still working. I can't imagine carrying new baby, taking care of Carson, and dealing with hundreds of kindergarten - 5th graders in PE class on a daily basis. I have a whole new respect for teachers who can keep working throughout pregnancies and having toddlers. If I were still teaching I would need the entire weekend to sleep. 48 hours straight! With several cat naps during the school day - at lunch time, planning period, bus duty jk :)

Maybe some cooler weather will put some pep in my step...Haha probably not but here is hoping and wishing!

No comments:

Post a Comment