Tuesday, September 13, 2011

School Time!

Carson started his first day of pre-school today. Technically it's a Parents Day Out program, but it's the most school like atmosphere he has ever been in. When Carson was born Garet and I were both working and we took Carson to an in-home daycare that we all loved so much. He loved his babysitter and his friends and we were very blessed to have Carson raised in that home for the first few years of his life, but now we are getting him in school mode.

His teacher said the first day went great except for nap time...haha! Considering he still sleeps in a crib and has a noise maker to keep out ANY distractions (trash truck, tv downstairs, anybody breathing loud :) we pretty much knew he wouldn't nap on his first day. Talk about one extreme to another...they want him to sleep on a nap mat with 9 other children in the same room. I know he won't be a bad napper forever, and he will adjust, but I will pray for his teachers every Tuesday and Thursday around noon.

Gosh it seems like yesterday I was taking him to the babysitters house for the first time and having major anxiety! Dropping him off at school today was a piece of cake compared to that day. He seems like such a grown up boy. I can't even get a little sad about him not being a baby anymore because next little boy will fill that void very soon...then I will be saying ahhh I can't wait until they are both pre-schoolers :)

1 comment:

  1. OMG!!! He looks like such a big boy! My favorite little guy :)

    ReplyDelete