Sunday, June 5, 2011

Party all night long!

This weekend I attended my dear friend Marissa's bachelorette party in Austin. I have been planning on making the trip to Austin way before we knew we were expecting the next bambino. I honestly never thought twice about not going on the trip. A few days before the long awaited weekend everyone started to question why I was going or that I was going to not have fun at all because I couldn't drink (That I would the only sober girl of the group). I really wanted to tell those certain people to keep their opinions to themselves but it also made me start to worry.

Now I can say all of those negative Nelly people were WRONG! I am so glad that I went because it was one of the most fun weekends I have had in a long time. First of all, it's very rare that my college soccer girls all get together, so just being around them is always a good time. We danced and sang, talked about so many inappropriate things, and reminisced on the old days. Yes most of them got sloshed as they should have, but that never stopped me from having fun and I didn't even have to take care of anyone.

With all of that said, having kids or even carrying a child (what Kala told every bar-tender we encountered) is no excuse to not go bar hoping or clubbing with the girls for special occasions. I am so excited for the wedding in 3 weeks!

I have to give a little shout out to Garet for allowing me to go on this weekend trip. Him and Carson had a boys weekend with a little help from Grammy. I came home to a very happy little boy that defiantly showed me he missed me with hugs and kisses. With tomorrow being my first official day of summer I was also very happy to see that Carson was exhausted from his busy weekend. Hopefully he will let Momma sleep in a little in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment