Friday, November 2, 2012

Trick or Treat, Smell my feet...

2012 Halloween was a big one this year. Carson was in full force with the idea of getting as much candy as humanly possible and Caleb was willing enough to be in a costume and enjoy the ride.

We started off the weekend before Halloween with Caleb's Birthday party (I will post about that one day) and Trunk or Treat at my parents church Prestoncrest Church of Christ. Although it was pretty chilly the kids enjoyed a few bounce houses, games, food, and a lot of different car trunks decorated and handing out Candy.

We took a pretty good picture inside the church, because of the weather, of Angry Bird and Caleb the hotdog.

Side note: Caleb's costume is one of Carson's old infant costumes that a baby would wear kind of as a swaddle. We cut leg holes in it and it worked great. I LOVE when I can re-use things that are worn once a year like costumes.

On Halloween day/night we went to Daddys office first to fill up the buckets then did some old fashion neighborhood Trick or Treating. Carson LOVED going to each house and exploring the neighborhood. Halfway through the night we hooked up with my sister and her girls and it was fun watching Avery and Carson race to the front doors to see who could ring the doorbell first.

Once we got back home Carson was so worked up and excited that he was pacing the entry way waiting to give candy to other kids. It was priceless to see his excitement because Garet and I want our kids to enjoy holidays just as much as we did when we were younger.

Great quotes from Carson on Halloween night:
"look at the parade of costumes!"
-groups of kids walking the streets

"I want to go see the foooogggyyy pumpkins!"
100billion times

"When are the kitty cats coming to get candy?"
I accidentally called kids kiddies....

"Mom I DID IT, I said trick or treat!"
Yes, and you've said it to the past 30 houses? What's the big deal?

Halloween 2012 - Done and very successful

Almost too successful when a 3 year old little boy is already anticipating next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment