Saturday, November 10, 2012

10 Days of Thanks

Several people on my facebook are doing daily Thankful posts. I love that my friends are thankful for their blessings but after about day 3 I was annoyed with the process. With that being said I am going to do (try, hopefully) 3 different posts on what I am thankful for.

1. My God - Without him I would have nothing. I learned at a very young age to trust in the Lord and he will not fail you. Everything is in his plan, the good and bad, and with that I have an amazing life with MANY blessings.

2. My Husband - Who knew going to Hardin-Simmons University would bring Garet and I together? Neither one of us had ever heard of the school before our recruiting trips, and we had both planned on going somewhere else before we chose HSU. Garet is my best friend and the love of my life. He also is a tad OCD and likes to clean and do laundry - I know its a rarity and I love him even more for it!

3. Carson - My first born, 3 year old son. There is never a dull moment around this one. If he isn't talking your ear off, he is probably running circles around you. He is way smarter than he should be and very loving. He is going to be our giant (size) super star.

4. Caleb - My sweet as pie baby boy. This little one is going to be my watcher. Yes, I know he won't be perfect forever but God knew what he was doing when he gave me Caleb after Carson. His little personalty is coming out more everyday and I can't wait to watch him grow more and more.

5. My Parents - Anyone need parents? Because my parents will "adopt" you in a heart beat. They are two of the most caring people I have ever known and would do anything for anyone.

6. Sean and Shanda - my brother and sister closest to me. The 3 of use were in the last "litter" as I call it. My parents were both previously married and had kids with those marriages and then got together and had the 3 of us. We fought so much growing up and now we are the best of friends. I'm even more blessed to live so close to both of them and their families.

7. My In-laws - Terry and Tony are two of the sweetest people I have ever met. The love for their children and grandchildren is unconditional and like my parents, they would do anything for any of us. After hearing horror stories of crazy, controlling in-laws, I am VERY thankful I have the ones I've got.

8. My Best Girlfriends - you know who you are! From elementary, to high school, to college I have been so blessed to have met girls that I know without a shadow of doubt will be my best friends for a life time. We will literally be in the nursing home together, checking out old men, and talking reality TV :)

9. My Husbands Job & My Job - Our last few months in Houston were sad ones because Garet and I both dreaded going to work. It was a situation where we liked what we were doing and we had good people around us, but there was one person that just spoiled it all. It added so much pointless stress and ultimately pushed us out the door and to Dallas. Our jobs now provide for our family and we are happy with them.

10. Rogue - Our official FIRST born. Rogue has been the best first dog for our family. She turned 5 years old last month and she has been such a great dog. She is awesome with the kids, barks at strangers, and doesn't chew up anything (unless she is showing off for other dogs).

 
10 days of Thanks...What are you thankful for?

1 comment:

  1. Love your list :). I am thankful that y'all moved to Dallas and I get to see you (and your precious family) so much now!!!

    ReplyDelete