Wednesday, November 21, 2012

10 More Days of Thanks!

11. Health - For the most part (besides snotty noses ALL the time) my children and family are very healthy. It breaks my heart to hear stories of people struggling with sickness and I thank God daily for the health he has given my family.

12. Our Material Possessions - My kids have toys running out their ears (which keeps them very busy and Mommy very happy) and Garet and I have a great house, reliable cars, and all of the electronics we could ask for. In this category  Garet would be thankful for his new man room TV. At church last Sunday the preacher said it's OK to like your possessions - and we are very thankful for ours.

13. The Weather - I am not a cold person AT ALL, and the weather has been gorgeous thus far. I know it will get cold and then it will get unbearably hot next summer, but for right now I am in love with these 75 for the high day.  

14. Mother's Day Out - Last year Carson attended his first "preschool" and we had the best experience possible. This summer I really started my part time job so we found a school that would take Carson and Caleb two days a week. Carson's old school doesn't take babies, so we continued with the school that they attended during the summer. We could not be happier AGAIN! My boys love their teachers and they love them. The great thing about a church preschool is the love and affection they GET to show the kids. Caleb gets greeted with kisses by his teachers everyday. I am so thankful for their first school experiences. 

15. Social Networks - I am very thankful I get to keep up with family and friends that I don't get to see or hear from on a daily or weekly basis. Yes, they can be annoying on occasion (election month or cowboys game) but then I get to see precious baby pictures from high school or college friends and it makes it worth it. 

16. PINTEREST! - I will admit, I am addicted. I am thankful for this wonderful addicting website. We have benefited with good easy dinners, decorating ideas, and hopefully more to come. I have a lot of boards pinned with lots of ideas :)

17. Living Close to Family - I LOVE living within a few minutes of my family, and in the next month my parents will be moving closer to us. Garet's parents also live fairly close. 3 and a half hours is not bad at all and truly either group could travel the distance at any time. Garet's Mom and Dad made the move from Chicago to Houston with 3 small children and left their entire family up north. I am so thankful that we can stay near our families and don't even have to make a decision like that. 

18. Activeness - Garet and I both play indoor and outdoor soccer and we enjoy it so much. I am thankful we are physically able to stay active. Our competitiveness is still alive and we love being weekend warriors (sometime weeknight warriors too).

19. Electronics - I know I mentioned our possessions earlier, but I love the ease of keeping pictures, sharing pictures, sharing ideas...I could go on and on. I know some people think that technology is not a good thing, but I think it is great when used the right way. It will be amazing to see what kind of technology will be out there when my boys are older and teaching me how to do things. 

20. Thanksgiving - My family had our thanksgiving early on Monday night and it was amazing to see almost our entire family there. If you know my family we are big and scattered all around Dallas. We had 28 people at dinner and it was a wonderful gathering. Tonight we are making the trip to The Woodlands to have thanksgiving with Garet's family and EVERYONE will be there as well. It will be fun to get pictures of the little ones and let the cousins play and spend time together. This holiday reminds us to be thankful and I am thankful it brings families together. 

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving with your family whether it's a small group (my parents ran off to Vegas so there actual Thanksgiving will just be 2) or a group of 28 or more!


No comments:

Post a Comment