Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Absent Blogger

November 30 was my last blog. That's terrible (Charles Barkley voice)! I have excuses...Carson, Caleb and I got a small stomach virus the first week in Dec. then Carson and I got strep throat the 3rd week. After that my hubby was off work a full 10 business days - almost 2 weeks - and we had a lot of family time. Needless to say I was very spoiled and we are all missing him terribly this week.

There is so much that I could write about that I don't know where to start. Christmas was amazing, we all received so much! Carson's favorite thing is a tube of 3 lip smackers chap sticks that were actually in my stocking. We had a screaming, crying, my dog just died fit 2 nights ago because he wanted to have them in bed with him. His next favorites are his work bench tool set, leap pad, and fisher price digital camera. Although he loved getting gifts I think his favorite thing about Christmas was seeing Christmas trees. He loved the lights and colors and ornaments. It was so much fun experiencing Christmas with a little one because it made me remember how excited I used to be with the holidays.

Last big thing in the Black household is that Garet's man room is officially in progress. His mother designed him custom curtains for the windows, my mother bought him an enormous rug and he got the painters in his last day before he had to go back to work. Everything in that room is deep steel blue and red - Texans! It all looks really good and although I'm a cowboys fan I also am very loyal to the Texans, who by the way are playing their first ever playoff game on Saturday.

Here are some pics of the progress of the man room...the curtains are made but not hung yet so that pic will have to wait

It will be really fun once everything is finished. The plan is a 60 inch TV and a mini fridge and the best part is the kids play room is right next door so it will be a great family room.

No comments:

Post a Comment