Friday, November 4, 2011

October 30 Surprise Here Comes Caleb!

The details of Mr. Caleb's birthday....

As many of you know Caleb's due date was not until the middle of November so he defiantly decided to surprise us and come early. Sunday morning October the 30th I woke up and knew that Mr. Caleb was going to make his arrival soon...how soon? I wasn't sure but I had a good feeling that it would be that day. My water was leaking just a tiny bit to where you question if you are really leaking or peeing on yourself. I told Garet what was going on and he did what any other guy would do...shrugged his shoulders and asked what that meant. I told him might want to get some clothes together for the hospital but I didn't want to just sit around because who knew how long we would be waiting for something to happen. I was convinced that contractions would hit me first because the odds of your water breaking is very very slim.

So we continued to get ready for church and headed out thinking we would go to church get some food afterwards and re-evaluate the situation afterwards. Church was great - we worshipped, listened to a great sermon, and I was still feeling fine. When the service was over and everyone was leaving I looked at Garet and told him I was nervous to stand up. He replied that we couldn't stay there all day so I proceeded to stand up. Thats when the flood started down my pants and on to the floor. I walked quickly to the car and Garet got Carson out of Sunday school. While all of this is happening still no contractions but I knew we needed to get to the hospital pronto.

We arrived at the hospital after a quick stop at Whataburger (I knew they wouldn't let me eat once we got there) priorities people! Passed off Carson to my parents and headed for labor and delivery. This entire time my water is leaking...now there is no question to peeing...it's a river. Sorry if that's TMI but for future mothers you WILL know if your water breaks there is NO question. Once checked they measured me at 4 cms and then started me on pitocin to get regular contractions going. I barred those as long as I wasn't too uncomfortable then informed my nurse I was ready for the epidural. I'm not too proud and once I got it they turned the pitocin up considerably and I was complete (10 cm) in an hour. I pushed 3 times and Mr. Caleb arrived. 6 lbs 3 oz 20 inches long. Perfection in my eyes :)

We spent a short 24 hours in the hospital. Caleb checked out fine and I was feeling fine also. Overall the entire experience was great and relatively easy. I highly recommend Centennial Hospital in Frisco. They did a great job and catered to our every need.

Introducing Caleb Michael Black

No comments:

Post a Comment