Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Out of Shape

Yes I know that I'm pregnant and shouldn't be in the best physical shape of my life, but I have defiantly done a lot less working out this pregnancy than I did with Carson. I think I was still jogging a few times a week about six months into my last pregnancy. In the last five months I can't recall running at all. Hurrying to answer my phone across the room is about as close as it has gotten.

This lack of cardiovascular endurance came to mind when I decided this morning Carson and I were going to go feed the ducks down at my parents neighborhood lake. I thought very hard about driving my car the few blocks, but then gave myself a little pep talk reassuring myself that it would be good for all of us to get out and walk a bit. getting to the lake - mostly downhill was fine. Coming back was the problem. If you have ever been to my parents house there is a path that is kind of a short cut through all of the houses in the middle. After we fed the ducks I let Carson play on this little swing set and slide at the other end of this path. Walking back to my parents house on this path there are two monster hills that I was really starting to get worried about while breathing hard and leg muscles straining. I almost thought about making Carson get out of the stroller and walk himself to lighten the load. Of course we made it and I wasn't a horrible mother kicking my kid out the stroller, but my body is telling me I'm done for the day.

I mean come on y'all, I used to run miles with those hills included in my course several times in high school and college. I'm not delusional in thinking I should be able to do that now but I should be able to take a 30-45 minute walk with my son without feeling like my legs are going to give out from walking hills. I putting this on paper...or I guess on web. I will be back in good physical shape before the next summer after this baby is born. I'm not talking dropping all my baby weight...well that will happen too, but actual working out will occur after this next baby. I might even bust out an old winner's manual (college soccer work-out regime) to get some ideas. Everybody that reads this can remind me in Dec/Jan to get my butt going.

No comments:

Post a Comment