Monday, May 21, 2012

Looking Ahead

It's always fun to think of what your children will be when they grow up to be adults. I think my husbands first thought when the kids were birthed was "Wouldn't it be cool if he was a first round draft pick?" I say "Really? Do you know what the chances of that really happening are?" and he responds with "So you are telling me there is a chance!"

Back to future occupations...we gave Carson a chance to try out his cooking/baking skills last week. I can honestly say that I think we are going to mark that occupation off of the list. Several of my friends have let there kids test out the kitchen and have had great results. Happy kid, not too much of a mess, and a meal that tastes good and the child is proud of making.


Well not my child. we attempted cupcakes. Not even made from scratch, whip your own icing kind. The easy box mix and canned icing. He made such a mess and could not follow simple directions. He saw this new adventure and went bonkers, then lost interest, then went bonkers again. Hence the batter everywhere and the sprinkles everywhere. When we finally finished I think he took two bites of his cupcake and moved onto a new activity.



 All in all, not worth it. I think we will wait a few years before we try to bake/cook anything all together again. Secretly I think Dad was relieved that the sports dream is still alive :)

No comments:

Post a Comment